The following recipe marks the fourth of our ongoing five-part series with Chef Isaiah Seay. Today Chef Isaiah is guiding us through a sizzlin’ Carne Asada entree. He also includes directions for a Chimichurri sauce that’ll make it even more delicious!
- 1 lb. – Thinly Sliced “Flap Meat”, “Hanger” or “Skirt” cuts of steak.
- 3 tbsp. – Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. – Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp. – Onion Powder
- 4 tbsp. – Sweet Paprika
- 2 tbsp. – Olive Oil
Tabanero Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup – Well Muddled Flat Leaf Parsley “Italian Parsley” Loosely Packed.
- ¼ cup – Well Muddled Cilantro
- ½ cup – Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup – Fresh Fine Diced Garlic Clove
- 2 tbsp. – Dried Crush Red Pepper
- ½ cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup – Tabanero Hot Sauce
1. Combine all Chimichurri ingredients except Tabanero Hot Sauce in a small bowl or sealable container. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Flavors will incorporate better, the longer it sits.
2. Make a spice rub by combining all Carne Asada ingredients except the meat.
3. Pat the spice rub on cuts of Carne Asada and let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Grill carne asada on high heat until cooked to desired temperature and consistency.
5. Before serving, add Tabanero Hot Sauce to Chimichurri and stir until mixed.
6. Add Tabanero Chimichurri Sauce to sliced Carne Asada and enjoy!