4 – 6 Servings
4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken (Any preparation will work, but poaching keeps moisture best.)
1 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
1 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp chopped shallots
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 – 3/4 cup mayonnaise (use fat-free if less fat is desired)
2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon or any herb of choice
3 tbsp Tabanero sauce, use more for increased spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl until combined well.
2. Serve with multi-grain bread or over salad.
- Use roasted turkey in place of chicken.
- Add carrots, pickles, or cucumbers to mix.
- Replace walnuts with pecans.
- Replace cranberries with mandarin oranges.
- Add halved grapes in place of cranberries.