This recipe for a Watermelon and Radish Salad marks the fifth installment in our amazingly delicious Chef Rahm Fama campaign! This recipe changes things up in every mouth-watering way possible. Our fans have long said that they love Tabanero on salads and apparently, Chef Fama does too! Make it. Eat it. Enjoy it. We’ve got more recipes coming for you next week!
- 3 – Hollowed Baby Watermelons, halved
- 1 cup – Red and/or Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup – Thinly Sliced Radishes
- 1/2 cup – Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 cup – Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 cup – Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. – Tabañero Hot Sauce
- 3 tbsp. – Sugar
- 1 tbsp. – Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. – Baby Arugula
Cut the onion into the thinnest possible slices, slicing it with the cut side facing down so that the slices are half moon in shape. Place the slices in a bowl of the sugar vinegar and let them soak for 30 minutes.
With a melon baller cut out round balls until the watermelon half is hollow.
In a large bowl combine watermelon, cherry tomatoes, radishes, cilantro, Tabañero hot sauce, vinegar mix, oil and salt. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes and then add arugula.
Place inside hollow half watermelon as bowl before serving.